Deputy Mayor - Jeremy S. Rosof, Trustee - James Friscia, Mayor - Louis Badolato,
Trustee - Sandy Quentzel & Trustee - Jasun Fiorentino
ELECTION INFORMATION FOR TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2017
- For any information for the upcoming elections, please call the Nassau County Board of Elections at (516) 571-8683
SEVERE WEATHER PREPAREDNESS
To Report Electrical Outages and Receive Updates:
- A new mobile-friendly outage map includes the number of customers in a selected area affected by an outage, estimated restoration time and cause of outage, if available. Visit https://outagemap.psegliny.com/.
- MyAlerts, PSEG Long Island's text message service, can be used to report and receive status updates on an outage.
This requires an account number, it's best to do it beforehand. To register, text REG to PSEGLI (773454) or visit the My Account section of the website www.psegliny.com/account. Once registered, to report an outage, simply text OUT to PSEGLI (773454).
- Save PSEG Long Island's 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075.
- If you have trees or branches touching or leaning on wires please call PSEG at (800) 490-0025. For safety reasons please assume all wires are high-voltage wires, energized and dangerous to touch, whether wires are covered or bare, on the pole or fallen to the ground, including telephone, fiber optic and cable wires. They may be in contact with energized electrical wires that are not within your view.
- To report downed electrical wires or outages please call PSEGLI at (800) 490-0075 or text to 773454.
Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything it might be in contact with. If a wire falls on or near your car, stay inside the car, call 911, and do not get out until PSEG Long Island de-energizes the line. If you MUST get out of the vehicle because it is on fire, jump as far as possible away from the vehicle, with both feet landing on the ground at the same time, and hop or shuffle away.
All tree removals require a permit. In an emergency take a photo of the tree before it is removed and then submit with a completed tree removal application. Removing trees without a permit is a violation of Village Code.